Why You Should Apply Face Mask
Due to the fact our skin is constantly exposed to variety of environmental influences, it’s prone to various issues. That’s why it’s highly important to have a regular skincare regimen to eliminate all impurities and to hydrate and soothe skin and protect it from sun’s damaging UV rays, pollution, winds etc.
Cleansers, toners, and face creams are inevitable parts of skincare routine, but we shouldn’t underestimate power of face masks. My routine involves washing my face with gentle cleanser in the morning followed by rich face cream that retains moisture and makes my skin feel soft. Before bedtime I wash my face with gentle Dove bar soap which doesn’t dry out my skin and apply face cream again, followed by marigold cream onto my lips. However, I also strive to use face masks and usually do it every Tuesday night (don’t know why I picked Tuesday, but it sort of became a habit of mine).
Nowadays, you can buy face creams just about anywhere and you can also make them yourself. I usually buy Balea face masks.
Face masks are versatile; you can buy masks with certain herbal extracts, for different skin types, or to address some specific skin problem. They have gentle formula and active ingredients which penetrate deep into skin’s layers to boost collagen production, improve elasticity, and supply your skin with healthy vitamins and nutrients it requires to stay plump, soft, and smooth.
Below, you can see why you should apply face mask right now:
- Face masks don’t just do wonders for your skin, they are also quite therapeutic and relaxing which is quite handy if you’re stressed out
- It removes dirt, debris, and other impurities that cleansers and toners can’t reach thus preventing clogged pores and all consequences that come with it
- Face masks improve your skin tone, restore healthy glow, and even out skin’s texture.
Besides their versatile nature and powerful benefits, these masks are very easy to apply. Here are a few tips:
- Start with freshly cleansed face, dermatologists advise you shouldn’t apply face masks onto dirty or completely dry face. Why? It’s because cleanser or face soap you use improve absorption of other products and to make sure you get all benefits face mask has to offer, it’s always recommended to wash your face first and pat dry your skin (never rub your face with a towel) and then proceed to apply the mask
- Masks should be applied in circular motions (to boost blood flow) onto your face avoiding eye contact. You should also apply it onto your neck and chest as well, these areas are quite overlooked in skincare routine.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes (it’s written on the pack) and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry your skin and apply face cream you always use.
What’s your face mask routine? What face mask you use or make? Leave your tips in comment section below.